At Growhouse our philosophy is to keep things simple. To create top quality greenhouses at affordable prices. We like to keep everything as simple as possible, simple to choose, simple to order and simple to accessorise.
With a greenhouse from Growhouse you won’t be inundated with masses of useless information, or confusing specifications. So finding the greenhouse that fits your lifestyle and your gardening needs is…well… simple.
To complement our Red Cedar greenhouses we also have two coldframes, which are the best Cedar coldframes money can buy.
Growhouse Greenhouses are hand built in Chester by professional joiners using Western Red Cedar, a top quality building material, which provides outstanding strength in adverse conditions and enhanced weather resistance essential for garden use. It is a naturally oily wood making it inherently rot resistant. Untreated, Western Red Cedar weathers to a beautiful silvery grey colour, reminiscent of sun-bleached driftwood, but if you want to preserve its rich colour it will need treating from time to time.
Here at Growhouse, we understand the value of using only timber sourced from environmentally responsible forests. As such, we are fully PEFC certified and ensure all our timber is supplied by companies that are either FSC, CSA or PEFC certificated. This guarantees that all the Cedar used in our greenhouses has been harvested in a sustainable, responsible and renewable manner, and meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Designed for you
The Growhouse is available in several popular sizes: 6x6ft and 6x8ft are traditional sizes for smaller gardens offering gardeners a generous growing space from a small footprint and enabling the cultivation of a wide range of traditional greenhouse plants.
The larger 8x10ft and 6x10ft models are the preferred choice of experienced gardeners who know that when it comes to buying a greenhouse it makes sense to buy a size larger than you think you need. The additional growing space in the larger model allows you to grow a wider variety of plants and even position a comfortable chair on which you can relax and commune with your plants on a warm sunny day.
The Lean-to is a new addition to the range and makes ideal use of a south facing wall or courtyard garden.
Our Cedar greenhouses have a wide range of features and specifications which we believe make them the best value timber greenhouse on the market.
- No internal supports or stays ensuring clean lines and ease of use.
- Supplied in made-up panels and easily assembles with simple instructions.
- A more spacious interior for even temperature with high eaves and ridge maximising internal space for you and your plants.
- Extra ventilation with two roof vents and two side vents, plus an optional louvre vent for more specialised growing
- side vents and one roof vent as standard).
Included as standard:
- High capacity gutters and down pipes compatible with standard rainwater goods enable you to store water if required.
- Optional Autovents for the roof lights in summer, ideal if you are away.
- Optional benching and shelving is available for one or both sides of your Growhouse.
- Toughened safety glass to BS6206 on all our greenhouses to protect you and your family.
- All glass securely fixed in place with capping, we use no clips.
- All fixings in high grade stainless steel.
- Engineered wide sliding door on aluminium runner with roller bearings.